Sunday 1 January 2012

What to Expect from Christel Films in 2012

2012 is going to be a year of transition for Christel Films. I am resting the "Flagship" show (Christel Doctor Who) and focussing more attention on both ARNIE and my new project Centerpoint. But never fear, this will not be a wasted year as you are now to find out...

Christel Doctor Who

When I said I was resting Christel Doctor Who that wasn't entirely true. Instead of a full (or half) series there will be either two or three special standalone 20-25 minute episodes. I am still playing around with ideas and hope to be able to have something more definite in place soon(I may even have a story from a guest writer). The episodes will be released throughout the year so that they are evenly spread.

Centerpoint

This project is to be the major focus of my attention for this year. I am hoping to have lots more news about Centerpoint soon and hope to be able to start filming towards the middle of the year ready for a winter release of series 1; which will run to 8 episodes, be fully voiced and animated. Writing is now well underway and the first stage 'proper' is to begin voice auditions and to cast the main characters. Expect more news soon.

Now the surprises...

ARNIE Series 2

I have actually greenlit a second series of ARNIE and intend it to be shown this year but it will be VERY different. Technical difficulties meant that I could not push ahead with series 2 as I wanted to last year, but this got me thinking. This year I want to take ARNIE to the fans and so I am offering you, the viewer a very unique chance. I am going to be looking for a show-runner to take over the executive production of ARNIE. I will maintain a certain amount of control but the new show-runner will write the majority of the stories and be responsible for some of the production of the episodes. It's a big job, and you'll hear more soon. Please DO NOT start applying yet.


Christel Doctor Who

Whilst you are only going to see two or three episodes of Christel Doctor Who this year the main reason for this is I want to usher in HUGE changes, and believe me when I say that they have been long in the planning and will probably take most of the year to implement. As the BBC did when Matt Smith took over as the Doctor the series will be revamped. Completely. There will be a new logo, new title sequence and much more including some very MAJOR changes to the look of the series. Hopefully this will all be in place ready for the start of series 4 in 2013. You will hear lots about the changes and preparations for series 4 over the course of the year so fear not. The first big announcement will be the new series logo which will launch on January 17th. Which just so happens to be my birthday.


Blog revamp

With the intended changes being made to Christel Doctor Who I will be looking to change the website considerably to. Whilst I intend to update the look, layout and functionality of the blog I will also be making changes that will increase the amount of posts made and hopefully increase the audience that the blog attracts. Keep your eyes out for more news soon as I may be looking for some help.

No comments: