Tuesday 7 September 2010

Positive Reviews!

Whilst I have mostly received positive reviews on the stories and episodes within the series I have now received the first review of the whole series and I am so happy. Burkey (visit his blog here) has done a fantastic review and has made a number of very positive remarks about the formation of character arcs and the ways stories are told.

He has also pointed out different areas for improvement with which I agree whole-heartedly. I would like to take this opportunity for the truly wonderful review of the series and whilst I shall summarise the main points below I implore you to head over to his blog and read it in full. Thanks again Burkey,

Some of the main points,

I’ve also been a huge fan of your story arc.


On the Doctor,

He’s not just a re-tread of past Doctors; more a mixture of the best bits of them all. I love it! He has his own quirks, his own speech pattern, and he is very different from anything we’ve had from ‘NuWho’ in the past 5 years. I especially love his address of “My dear”; it’s full of affection but also of fatherly love and caring which really does show a lot about the relationship he shares with Tabitha. It also gives him a unique identity.

On Tabitha,

As I said in my short review of the first episode a few weeks back, I also love the character of Tabitha. Like I said, she’s not one to sit back and follow everything the Doctor says. She’s questionative, inquisitive and brave, and we know that she’s going to throw herself head first into any situation.

I'm very pleased that Burkey picked this up...watch this space.

All I’m going to say about Episode 6, ‘A.R.N.I.E.’, is that I think that the appearance of Matt Smith in the re-cap of all the Doctor’s is going to be a key part of Series 2 and I’m presuming that it’ll link in with the White Guardian arc. If this is the case I must congratulate you on planning such a great arc so far in advance. ...wait and see I'm not giving anything away yet...

In Summary...

I have loved every moment of it and I now intend to sit glued to my chair in anticipation of the Christmas Special and then the second series. Your series has been amazing and you not only created a brilliant series, but a brilliant universe populated by characters from your head and I think this will make for a very interesting second series.

So I end my review by saying ‘Well Done’, you have created a very enjoyable and engaging series, and I most definitely want to be writing for your second series!


Thanks once again to Burkey for the great review (Here) Next post will detail special projects and more Christel Doctor Who Info. Be sure to check back regularly.

No comments: