Sunday 4 September 2011

2012...?

As you know Christel Doctor Who is set to go on a hiatus in 2012 and I had originally planned for it not to return until 2013. However, a number of people (although mainly Blink ;) ) have pointed out that a complete break may not do the popularity of the series much good, and that they simply don't want to go a whole year without seeing something.

Therefore I am toying with the idea of some special episodes. I did it in 2009 to launch the series and it seemed to work quite well. I am thinking along the lines of three seperate stories, but perhaps five minutes longer than a normal episode. This is all just an idea at the moment but I have got some stories in mind that would work out. Obviously until Christel Doctor Who Series 3 is finished I can't confirm what will happen next year, but I am thinking about it.

This of course leads me nicely into series 4. I am going ahead with it, Christel Doctor Who will not stop after series 3, so don't panic. I want to up the quality of the writing AND the episodes significantly, which was the main reason behind the break in 2012. Once the new year rolls round I will be able to confirm a number of my plans and ideas for the future of the series, so be sure to look out for that. Until then, there is ARNIE series 2 and Christel Doctor Who series 3 to look forward to.

No comments: