Thursday 17 November 2011

A Series 3 update

Although news of Christel Doctor Who series 3 has been in short supply recently the reason is that I have been beavering away quietly putting the finishing touches to the series and working my way around the problems experienced with the Movies Stunts and Effects.

I am pleased to inform you that I have now finished adding the subtitles to four of the six episodes and I am beginning episode 5 this week. I have also finished the two pickup shots that were needed for episodes 4 and 6 and they will be exported soon.

The next phase of production will be adding the soundtrack, which I have actually done to parts of episode 6 already. As with previous Christel Doctor Who series I shall be using the traditional music from the Doctor Who soundtrack as well as various other classical tracks that help to fit the mood.

Also, for your information here are the latest run times for the episodes.

1. An Imperfect World - 14 minutes
2. Evil of a Timelord - 13minutes
3. War of the Worlds - 16 minutes
4. False Dawn - 13 minutes
5. The Halls of Creation - 11 minutes
6. 32 minutes...without 5 minute pickup...eeek.

So as you can see you are going to need to be free for quite a while on New Years Eve because by the time it is completely finished I can see episode 6 running to nearly 40 minutes, making it almost feature length. The smart question is why not put some of episode 6 into 5, but when you see the episode you will understand why I didn't.

Anyways, I hope this little update has served to whet appetites sufficiently. I shall soon be releasing the plot synopsis for episodes 1,2 and 3 and I shall be doing the customary series countdown posts for 10 days before series 3 commences...it is actually quite close now!

No comments: