Tuesday 20 December 2011

I'm at it again...

Let me clarify that post title. By "it" I mean writing. With series 3 of Christel Doctor Who edited and ready to go I have turned my attention once more to writing. I have now written approximately half of the first Centerpoint episode and all of the first draft of episode 1 of Christel Doctor Who series 4.

I didn't actually intend to start writing series 4 until the middle of next year but I had a rough idea of what I wanted to do and so made a start. What I have now will change considerably before 2013 but I have at least done something and have some material to work from. What I can tell you about series 4 is that I have the overall arc planned and know roughly where each of the 13 episodes will slot in. I have two slots available at the moment for guest writers and will begin looking in earnest in the new year for interested parties.

Centerpoint is now making good progress and although I am only half way through my second draft of the first episode I am very pleased with it. I have planned for series 1 to run to 8 episodes in all (all of which I shall write myself) and I will be releasing a LOT more information about it in the new year.

As I said the other day the plan is that Centerpoint will actually be something that works to a final conclusion over a number of stories. I intend to define the end point from an early stage so that you know what it is working to. At the moment I have planned for this to take 3 series but I am toying with the idea of doing 2 series and a (dare I say it) Feature length "movie".  I am unsure of how this will work logistically but it is something that I am thinking about at the moment.

No comments: