Friday 19 October 2012

The Ending Approaches...

I have thought long and hard about this decision, but it seems the most logical. I'll come straight out and say it...

On December 31st 2012 Christelfilms.blogspot.com will close down.

I have thought long and hard about the decision and I have decided that I can promote CDW and my other projects to a much wider audience through youtube and facebook, with much less work involved. I posted a while back about my thoughts and I have had time to assess traffic to the site; which is now virtually non-existent. All-in-all this means that I am posting to pretty much nobody and however you look at it, that's a waste of time.

I would like to state catergorically that this DOES NOT MEAN THE END FOR ANY CHRISTEL FILMS PROJECTS. Infact it should be a big boost as I won't have to continuously worry about updating the blog and can get on with filming and editing.

In place of this blog, and on December 24th, I will be launching a dedicated facebook group to keep you regular fans updated and hopefully draw a ton more in. On that December 24th launch I will officially premiere the first CDW Series 4 trailer, both as a last hurrah for the blog and a launch item for the facebook page.

I shall also overhaul my rather messy Youtube account and finish uploading the entire CDW "Back-catalog", which is something that I never got round to.

All-in-all there is a lot to look forward to. With a much less workload-heavy Facebook page to update I can crack on with series 4 of CDW (and hopefully find some more voice actors as well). I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to all who have followed this blog and warmly invite you to head over to facebook and follow Christel Doctor Who once I have the page up and running.

This announcement now means that Christel Films is entering a transition phase. I will be spending less time on the blog and more on preparing the Facebook group. I also want to have the entire back-catalouge ready for when the group launches. This post will also stay at the top of the page now, so that everybody knows what is going on. Thank you once more to my dedicated fans I hope to see you on Facebook. 

Christel Films is not dying, just regenerating and moving house all in one go.


No comments: