Saturday 22 October 2011

Lion has killed ARNIE

I am very sorry to have to inform you that I have been unable to solve my issues concerning access to the Movies Stunts and Effects using OSX Lion. It will not open anymore and I have run out of things to try. Sadly this does mean that ARNIE series 2 has now been cancelled.  I apologise whole-heartedly but there is very little I can do if I cannot gain access to the software that I use to animate an animated series with.

But. It is not all doom and gloom. I had managed to complete 80% of episode one before this major technical gremlin took hold and so I have formed a plan. Using footage from what I already have and some old unused footage I will put together ARNIE's final adventure. I have already begun rewriting the story I had planned for episode 1 and instead of a second series I want you to think of this episode as a special tagged onto the end of series 1. I should be able to release the episode quite soon and as there is now only one episode to work on I may give the voice actors alliance another shot to see if I can gain access to my account again.

The episode will be called "Hunt for the Doctor" and will not only form ARNIE's last adventure but bridge the gap nicely between the end of Christel Doctor Who series 2 and certain events in series 3.

On the note of Christel Doctor Who, don't panic. I have everything animated and exported except the five minute scene in episode 6 which was sadly corrupted. I am still working on a plan for this but I have a bit more time than I had with ARNIE.

I am dissapointed to have to make this announcement as I had got big things planned, as well as a great story from a guest writer but I really have no other choice. I can't access the software which means I can't animate it.

No comments: