Tuesday 3 January 2012

The New Era

Long time supporter of this blog Burkey Said yesterday that he was looking forward to the new "era" of Christel Doctor Who. Well, in a way I am pleased to say that the era has today begun. This morning I had some spare time so I finished off my first draft of Christel Doctor Who series 4 episode 1.

I can't emphasize the whole "first draft" part enough but overall I am pleased with the pace and tone of the episode. Plus I now have a starting point to work on the rest of the series. It has also helped to start me off on my main job between now and April, which will be writing. I want to get as much done as possible on both Christel Doctor Who and Centerpoint, with the latter being the priority so that I can start voice casting and filming in the summer.

That also leads me nicely onto my next piece of news. Following the success of Christel Doctor Who being, in essence, one long six part story I have decided that Centerpoint will loosely follow the same approach. Think of it in the same vein as Torchwood Miracle Day, although hopefully a bit better because I didn't really rate that story that much. Series 1 of Centerpoint will run to 8 episodes and be broadcast in the last quarter of this year. At the moment (which is course subject to change) I am hoping for an October release to run through to Christmas.

No comments: