Monday 9 April 2012

Series 4 now gathering pace...big decisions to be made

I am pleased to be able to confirm that series 4 of Christel Doctor Who, or at least the first half, is now written. I am now moving into pre-production and looking through the scripts in order to edit, chop and change as I see necessary. With this however comes some very big decisions. I said from the start that series 4 would be voiced, but I was never 100% drawn on the idea. I still want to go down that route but I am unsure as to my next step, plus if I decided to stay with subtitles I could get the first half of series 4 out by the end of this year, easily.

I have also fallen guilty of sidelining Centerpoint somewhat. I do not have all the scripts written yet and I had planned to go into production over the summer. This means that I may end up cutting the series down to six episodes (which it was originally) but splitting them over the end of this year, and the start of next. This will give me the chance to gauge your opinions of the series before I launch into making any more episodes.

I am going away for a break this week so I will mull these decision over then and post soon with some more definitive plans. I am pleased to tell you though that both Christel Doctor Who and Centerpoint and still well on track and coming along nicely, so there is no need to worry that they won't happen, its just that they may happen sooner (in the case of CDW4 if I decide to stick with subtitles) or later (if I dont manage to get on with Centerpoint.

No comments: