Wednesday 6 October 2010

Series 2 production Starts!!!

On Sunday I received the first (Very good) draft of Blink's series 2 script entitled Death on the Line. This officially put series 2 into the next stage of production as it was the first script to be finished. You may or may not remember that Blink won the competition on this blog to write for series 2. He has worked very hard on the script and the first draft is awesome!

Last night I spent time blocking production for series 2 and I have planned out a rough timeframe with which to do everything in and still have a life left at the end. There will be three blocks of production with the first beginning mid-November and finishing no later than the second week of December and this will include all of the episodes written by the guest writers. I am very excited about these episodes as I have some truly fantastic guest writers on board. I plan to do these episodes first as I will have finished scripts to hand and be ready to go into production, therefore giving me more time to fine tune the rest of the scripts.

I shall then run the other two production blocks either side of Christmas and be ready for approximately Late March of next year, and I really can't stress the LATE of that sentence enough. I know this seems a long way off but I don't want to have to rush a single episode of this series! To keep people interested I have ARNIE series 1 coming out between now and Christmas and the Christel Doctor Who Christmas episode. Also, once production starts expect to hear set reports and see snapshots from on set. Lots to look forward to. So all that is left for me to say is that series 2 officially begins here...

No comments: